Export Unfolded Part
The Export unfolded part tool is a very convenient command for exporting sheets metal part to dxf or dwg files.
It is possible to export a single sheet metal, a selection of sheet metal or all the sheets metal of the scene.
- to export a single sheet metal, drop the tool on the sheet to export.
- to export a selection of sheets metal, first select the sheets, then drop the tool into the scene.
- to export all sheets metal, drop the tool into the scene.
After releasing the tool, a dialog box with optins appears, this is divided into three areas:
- Export in the Folder: where and how to export the file.
- Drawing Settings: the format you prefer for export, how to construct the filename and if you want to create an ICD drawing in addition to a DXF/DWG file (the template file is in ../ICMechanical/Templates/Drawing/ UnfoldTemplateEmpty.icd).
- Drawing Options: how and what to write in the DXF/DWG file (these options are not available if you choose Create ICD env.)
Elaborate Parallel Faces is useful if there are particular processes such as Counterbore Holes, Dimple, Lance, Semi-Pierce Protrusion…
If the element is mirrored, the char M is added to the end of the exported file name.
This is done in order to be sure that two parts having the same informations (PartName, PartNumber, Material etc.) but with different mirror state, are both exported to DXF/DWG.
You can set the default parameters in Utils tab in global settings Configuration.