In the Bottom Side of the dialog the Bill Of Materials is shown, normally it is hidden, to show it you have to create a BOM.
Above the BOM there are some icons to control the grid:
- Update BOM and Import from Excel - Export Grid BOM in txt format or in other formats:see here how to set Export BOM
- Print Preview Grid BOM (open dialog) - Print Grid BOM (directly)
- Autoresize All Columns during resizin of the dialog - Auto Fit all the columns of the BOM - Save the Template file of Columns Layout - Restore the Columns Layout usin Template file
- Show Parent CustomData to Children Elements - Clear Parent CustomData to Children ElementsShow/Clear Assembly CustomData in Children Parts, only if you have enabled the “Inherited by Children” setting in a BOM configuration.
- Toggle Selection ModeAllows you to select multiple grid cells, useful for copying and pasting them in other areas or in other applications such as Word, Excel…
- Set Custom Sort Normally to sort the grid you can click on the column name, with Set Custom Sort you can sort the grid by more than one column.
- Set Row Filter When the option is enabled, a new icon appears at the top of the rows, clicking on which brings up a menu for selecting a quick filter or a custom one.
- Open the BOM in a new dialog, (is up there on the right), effectively detaching the BOM grid in a separate window; this behavior can be set as the default choice in BOM Settings -> BOM Option Grig - Close BOM, (is up there on the right) closes the active BOM grid.
At the bottom of the BOM there are one or more BOM tabs, with the name of the selected file or assembly, and in square brackets which [BOM configuration name] was used to create it.
In the example above there are two ones, the first of the entire file and the second of the Shaft assembly only, both with the configuration [Material_Weigth].
To view the BOM you want, you need to create a configuration and set it in BOM settings to choose what to include, and how to format the different columns, etc.